I KNOW MY PARENTS NEED HELP, WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Do I need an agency or should I find caregivers myself?
If you hire private caregivers directly, you will be solely responsible for finding, interviewing, hiring, reference checking, payroll taxes, Workers Comp and General Liability insurance coverage. Orientation, training, scheduling, support, substitute coverage, back up will all be your responsibility,
How do I choose an agency?
When contacting agencies, try to speak with the person with whom you would be interacting to provide care. These questions may help you narrow your choices:
- Do you take care of payroll taxes, employee benefits and insurances?
- How do you handle coverage for illness, emergencies, holidays, vacations?
- How will I communicate with caregivers?
- If my parent is dissatisfied with a caregiver, may I request a replacement?
- Can my caregiver provide transportation?
- How are your employees' employment history checked? driving record? criminal history?
- What training or certification do your caregivers have?
- What is included in your Service Agreement or Contract?
- May I speak with people who have used your services?
- What is a distinctive about your agency?
WHAT SETS BARTON'S ANGELS APART?
We enjoy customizing our services for both the older adult and their entire family. Care planning, coordination of services, family support, recommendations for assistive devices are all included in the hourly rate for home health care services.
SOMWBA Certified as a Woman-Owned Business by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Office.
Barton's Angels is an active member of the Home Care Aide Council
Since 1997, Barton's Angels has been partnering with families in the Pioneer Valley. Call today for a complimentary consultation. We look forward to talking with you.